Ekal Vidyalaya is making use of our tailoring training centres run by Ekal Gramothan Foundation for:
- Making cloth face masks.
- Distributing masks free of cost to Govt Primary Health Centres and Govt Hospitals.
- And distributing masks to Ekal volunteers engaged in awareness campaigns.
Ekal has 24 such active centres in rural areas of Jharkhand, Odisha, Bengal, Assam, Gujarat, Rajasthan, UP, MP and Uttarakhand, which are being put to this service.
The masks are manufactured in a completely professional manner and are very cost effective. The total cost for making and distributing a mask is approx Rs. 15 per piece. This cost may vary from center to center due to the distance from the cloth supplier and for distribution and center overheads:
- Rs. 13 to make a mask (materials, labour, and overhead).
- Rs. 2 for transportation and distribution within 50 km of the center.
Ekal Vidyalaya currently has an infrastructure to supply and distribute 10,000 pieces everyday and our goal is to reach a target of one million masks by the end of April 2020.
We believe, that along with other prevention measures, masks will help reduce the spread of the disease and help us battle this pandemic:
- It’s critical for us to limit the spread of this virus in a country as populous as India.
- This is a humble effort from Ekal Vidyalaya to contribute to the well being of healthcare workers.
The best way to help is donate online. Help us complete our goal for this campaign.
All donations are issued tax receipts.
Donate by cheque
Please send your cheque in favour of the “Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation of Canada” and mail to:
Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation of Canada
5448 Elgar Court, Mississauga, ON, L5M 5C9, Canada
E-transfers can be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct deposit information
For direct deposit details please call 416-569-9379.